Waiver of Liability and Terms of Service
I, on behalf of myself or on behalf of the participant for whom I am consenting, who is an adult or a minor or cannot legally give consent , (“Client”), will be participating in coaching consultation, meditation classes, health programs, workshops and other wellness, exercise, and healing arts activities and the Sookshma Meditation program (collectively, the “Activities”) offered by Peace Tree Centre Innovations Society (“PeaceTree Centre”). The “Activities” may be offered online by videos, television, podcasts, apps or other digital media or platforms. All of such offerings, either physical or online, shall be considered “Activities.”
By using this website or by participating in the Activities, the Client agrees to the following:
WAIVER OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISKS
I understand that the Activities offered by PeaceTree Centre are personal growth activities designed to enhance quality of life, and are not a substitute for medical diagnosis and/or treatment. The Activities may involve physical, mental, intellectual, and emotional activity, including breathwork, and laying down in meditation, which the Client may find strenuous. I further acknowledge that the Activities may be more mentally and/or emotionally demanding than the Client’s usual activities. The Activities may lead to an acute awareness of unpleasant thoughts, intense emotions, or traumatic memories. The Activities may cause the Client to go into a different mental state or a deep state of relaxation that may continue after the Activity has ended which could affect my ability to carry out activities that require alertness, such as driving a car. The Activities also involve movement which could result in uncomfortable physical sensations or physical harm.
I AM AWARE OF THE RISKS, DANGERS AND HAZARDS ASSOCIATED WITH THE CLIENT’S PARTICIPATION IN THE ACTIVITIES, AND I FREELY ACCEPT AND FULLY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, DANGERS, AND HAZARDS AND THE POSSIBILITY OF PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, PROPERTY DAMAGE, OR LOSS RESULTING THEREFROM.
In consideration of PeaceTree Centre allowing the Client to participate in the Activities, and for good and valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which is acknowledged, I HEREBY AGREE TO WAIVE ANY AND ALL CLAIMS that I or the Client have or may in the future have against PeaceTree Centre, its directors, officers, employees, agents, representatives and members (collectively, the “Releasees”) and TO RELEASE THE RELEASEES from any and all liability for any loss, damage, expense or injury including death that the Client may suffer, or that the Client’s next of kin may suffer, resulting from the Client’s participation in the Activity due to or resulting from the risks, dangers and hazards referred to above, or any cause whatsoever, including negligence, breach of contract, or breach of any statutory, common law or other duty owed by the Releasees, and also include the failure on the part of the Releasees to safeguard or protect the Client from the risks, dangers and hazards referred to above.
I ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE that I shall not make any claims, or take any actions or proceedings against the Releasees in connection with the Client’s participation in the Activities, and any loss, damage or injury arising therefrom, IT IS AGREED AND UNDERSTOOD that if I should commence such an action, or take such proceedings, and the Releasees, or any one of them, are added to such proceeding in any manner whatsoever, the proceeding and/or claims shall be immediately discontinued and I shall be liable to the Releasees, or those affected, for the legal costs incurred in any such proceeding, on a full indemnity basis.
I AGREE that the laws of British Columbia and the federal laws of Canada apply, and if any dispute arises related to this Waiver of Liability and Assumption of Risk, the courts located in British Columbia shall have sole jurisdiction.
In the event that any provision, or part thereof, contained within this Waiver of Liability and Assumption of Risk shall be deemed to be severable or invalid, or if any term, condition, phrase or portion of this Agreement shall be determined to be unlawful or otherwise unenforceable, the remainder of such term or provision and the remainder of this Waiver of Liability and Assumption of Risk shall remain in full force and effect.
I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THIS WAIVER OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AND I AM AWARE THAT I AM WAIVING CERTAIN LEGAL RIGHTS WHICH I, THE CLIENT OR MAY OR THE CLIENT’S HEIRS, NEXT OF KIN AND PERSONAL REPRESENTATIVES MAY HAVE AGAINST THE RELEASEES.
Client Obligations: Successful completion of the “Activities” depends on the full commitment and participation of the Client for the full duration of “Activities.”
- PeaceTree Centre has a strict 24 hours notice policy for cancellations or changes of scheduled appointments. Clients will be charged the full rate for cancelling or missing appointments with less than 24 hours notice.
- Be on time for all sessions. If you are late for your appointment, it will still conclude at the scheduled time.
- Please turn your cell phone ringer to silent during all appointments.
- All information that you share will be held as confidential.
- It is the Client responsibility to let PeaceTree Centre know if there are any specific goals or topics you would like to discuss or explore.
- It is the Client responsibility to let PeaceTree Centre know if you are currently in therapy or under the care of a health professional.
- We understand that coaching does not involve the diagnosis or treatment of mental disorders as defined by the Canadian Psychiatric Association and that coaching is not a substitute for counselling, psychotherapy, psychoanalysis, mental health care or substance abuse treatment and Client will not use it in place of any form of diagnosis, treatment or therapy.
- We understand that there is no implied or stated guarantee of success or effectiveness of any specific treatment plan or guidelines.
- The resolution of any and all disputes arising from or in connection with PeaceTree Centre, including any disputes arising under or in connection with this Informed Consent, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the province of British Columbia (other than conflict of laws rules) and the laws of Canada applicable therein.
- Payment Terms
- Payment will be collected upfront prior to “Activities.”
- Installment payment terms are offered to afford cash flow related flexibility to a Client; Client is required to complete the full set of installment payments regardless of completion of “Activities.”
- Never disregard the advice of your doctor or delay seeking medical treatment due to information consumed on this website.
- The entire contents of this website, including text, graphics, images, videos, and studies, is provided for general informational purposes only.
- The contents are not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. If you are under the care of a physician for any health condition, consult with your physician first before participating in “Activities”, and especially if you take medication.
- Activities do not include hypnosis.
- Peace Tree Innovations Society makes no representation about the efficacy, appropriateness, or suitability of any specific tests, procedures, treatments, services, opinions, health care providers, or other information that may be contained on or available through this web site, nor that the information on this site will produce specific results for any individual. Peace Tree Innovations Society is not responsible or liable for any advice or any other information that you obtain through this website.